Thursday, July 12, 2012
Stoney Creek Inn and Conference Center
2601 South Providence Road, Columbia
1:30 p.m. – Executive Session (Closed)
Friday, July 13, 2012
Central Regional Office and Conservation Research Center
E. Sydney Stephens Building, 3500 East Gans Road, Columbia
8:30 a.m. – Regular Open Meeting
(Background documents related to each agenda item are available for public viewing at Conservation Department Headquarters, Jefferson City, for eight calendar days prior to the meeting. Any person who would like to comment to the Commission about a specific agenda item must make a written request to the Director at least four calendar days prior to the meeting. Speakers will be limited to five minutes each and number of speakers may be limited. Recording the open meeting is permissible, pursuant to any guidelines established by the Commission to minimize disruption to the meeting. Individuals wishing to record the open meeting by audiotape, videotape or other electronic means should notify the Director at least four calendar days prior to the meeting so accommodations for such recording can be made.)
Thursday, July 12, 1:30 p.m.
Executive Session (Vote to go into closed session – reconvene open meeting at 8:30 a.m. on Friday, July 13):
(1) Call to order and approval of minutes of previous Executive Session(s). (610.021 RSMo.)
(2) Consideration of supporting documentation for recommendation to suspend or revoke all hunting and fishing privileges of individuals who are juveniles or who are not in compliance with applicable child support laws. Action to be taken in open meeting. (Disclosure protected by law, 610.021(14), 454.440.9, 211.321, RSMo.)
(3) Consideration of confidential or privileged communications between the Commission and its Internal Auditor regarding work product. (Communications between public governmental body and its auditor, 610.021(17) RSMo.)
(4) Consideration of recommendation relating to the hiring/firing/disciplining/
promoting of personnel.
(Hiring, firing, disciplining or promoting, 610.021(3) RSMo.)
(5) Consideration of negotiated contracts. (Documents related to a negotiated contract, 610.021(12) RSMo.)
(6) Update on potential real estate transactions/negotiations. (Leasing, purchase or sale of real estate, 610.021(2) RSMo.)
(7) Consideration of legal actions and attorney-client privileged communications involving the Conservation Commission. (Legal actions, causes of action or litigation, 610.021(1) RSMo.)
Friday, July 13, 8:30 a.m. – Regular Open Meeting:
Approval of minutes of previous meeting.
Report of the Regulations Committee (no action items).
8:45 a.m. Crayfish – Resource Scientist Bob DiStefano and Resource Science Division Chief Mike Kruse.
9:00 a.m. Comments on crayfish from:
9:20 a.m. Missouri Elk Research – Dr. Josh Millspaugh, University of Missouri-Columbia.
BREAK 9:35-9:45 a.m.
9:45 a.m. Ron Pleus, Jefferson City.
Purpose: To comment on Chronic Wasting Disease in Macon County.
9:55 a.m. Dennis Morrissey, Jefferson City.
Purpose: To comment on the status of quail in Missouri and habitat restoration efforts.
May and June Monthly Financial Summaries; Status of Major CI-IT Projects Funded in FY12 Budget.
10:30 a.m. Energy Efficiency Initiative and Sustainable Features of the Central Regional Office and Conservation Research Center – Design & Development Division Chief Jacob Careaga.
Recommendation for approval of personnel reclassifications; Quarterly Report of Personnel Changes approved by the Director.
Recommendations for approval to: 1) sell 2 parcels, consisting of approximately 0.34 acre and 0.4 acre, respectively, of the Weldon Spring Conservation Area in St. Charles County to the State of Missouri, acting by and through the Missouri Highways and Transportation Commission, and 2) purchase approximately 160 acres in Jefferson County as an addition to the LaBarque Creek Conservation Area.
Recommendations for approval to suspend or revoke 1) one or more hunting, fishing, or trapping privileges of individuals for cause; 2) all hunting and fishing privileges of individuals who are not in compliance with applicable child support laws; and 3) one or more hunting, fishing and trapping privileges of individuals in accordance with the terms of the Interstate Wildlife Violator Compact.
Missouri Prairie Foundation – Bill Crawford, Co-founder and Emeritus Board Member.
Purpose: Presentation of Resolution commemorating MDC’s 75th Anniversary.
Announcement of actions taken in executive session, if any.
Other matters of interest.
Confirmation that the next regular meeting will be held August 23-24, 2012.