|The Missouri Department of Conservation is offering free “Field to Freezer” classes around the state on how to process harvested deer.|
Learn how to field dress, process, and package deer meat for the freezer.
JEFFERSON CITY Mo. – With archery deer hunting here and firearms deer hunting coming up, the Missouri Department of Conservation (MDC) is offering free “Field to Freezer” classes on how to process the popular game animal. Classes use harvested deer for demonstrations of techniques for field dressing, preparing the deer for a taxidermist, and cutting and packaging the venison for the freezer, along with regulations, supplies needed, and tips on transporting.
- 636-441-4554. , at MDC August A. Busch Conservation Area, 2360 HWY D in St. Charles. For ages 9 and up with anyone under age 16 accompanied by an adult. Dress for the weather. To register or for more information, call
- 636-938-9548 ext. 0 or email Henges.Range@mdc.mo.gov. , , at MDC Jay Henges Shooting Range and Outdoor Education Center, 1100 Antire Road in High Ridge. For ages 9 and up with anyone under age 16 accompanied by an adult. To register or for more information, call
- 660-785-2420. , at MDC Northeast Regional Office, 3500 S. Baltimore in Kirksville. Participants must be at least 14 years old. If under 18, must be accompanied by an adult. For more information or to register, call
- 816-228-3766. , at MDC Burr Oak Woods Nature Center, 1401 N. W. Park Road in Blue Springs. Program will include basics of how to hunt deer as well as how to prepare venison for cooking. To register or for more information, call
- 816-891-9941. , at MDC Parma Woods Shooting Range, 15900 N.W. River Road west of Parkville. To register or for more information, call
- , at Wildcat Glades Conservation & Audubon Center,201 W. Riviera Drive in Joplin. For ages 7 and up with 7-15 year-olds accompanied by an adult. To register or for more information call 417-629-34236.
- 417-742-4361 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. , at MDC Andy Dalton Shooting Range and Outdoor Education Center, 4897 N. Farm Road 61 in Ash Grove. To register or for more information, call
For more information on MDC programs and events, visit mdc.mo.gov/events.