The Missouri Conservation Commission met Oct. 22 at the MDC Twin Pines Conservation Education Center in Winona for its closed session and Oct. 23 at the MDC Ozark Regional Office in West Plains for its regular open meeting. Commissioners present were:
- Marilynn J. Bradford, Chair
- David W. Murphy, Vice Chair
- James T. Blair, IV, Secretary
- Don C. Bedell, Member
The Commission received the following staff presentations/reports:
- Communications Update -- Joanie Straub, Outreach and Education Division Chief
- Report of the Regulations Committee (no action items) – Tom Draper, Deputy Director and Chairman, Regulations Committee
- Southwest Missouri Quail Ecology Project and Quail Focus Area Update -- Bill White, Private Land Services Division Chief; and Kyle Hedges, Wildlife Management Biologist
- Information Technology: Past, Present, and Future – Douglas Fees, Information Technology Services Chief
- Major Construction Projects Status Report – Jacob Careaga, Design and Development Division Chief
- Current Financial Report – Margie Mueller, Chief Financial Officer
- Fountain Grove Conservation Area Pump Station -- Jacob Careaga, Design and Development Division Chief; Jennifer Battson Warren, Wildlife Division Chief; and Sherry Fischer, Stream Services Program Supervisor
- Recognized Department staff members who have received recent awards.
- Received public comments from Spencer Turner of Columbia (delivered by Dan Kreher of Ellisville) regarding smallmouth bass management in Missouri waters.
- Received public comments from Leonard Sonnenschien of St. Louis, President of World Aquarium and Conservation for the Oceans Foundation, regarding development plans for a new public aquarium on the St. Louis riverfront.
- Approved the Conservation Priorities Three-Year Strategic Plan for Fiscal Years 2017-2019.
- Approved an agreement for the design of 13 radio tower replacements across the state.
- Approved proposals for the fabrication of exhibit features at Runge Conservation Nature Center located in Cole County.
- Approved a contract for construction of the Conservation Commission Headquarters Corridor Replacement Project located in Cole County.
- Approved the designation of Mingo Natural Area in Stoddard and Wayne Counties as a new Missouri Natural Area for the Missouri Natural Areas System.
- Approved revisions to the Department’s Hunting Incident Reporting and Investigation Policy.
- Approved the suspension or revocation of one or more hunting, fishing, or trapping privileges of 15 individuals for cause:
- Mike E. Boyer, Willow Springs, Hunting, 1 Year;
- William S. Cade, Wapappello, All Sport, 1 Year;
- Jeffrey T. Clayton, Jr., Louisiana, Hunting and Fishing, 1 Year;
- Eric T. Colburn, Carrollton, Fishing, 1 Year;
- Robert A. Dodds, Mansfield, Fishing, 2 Years;
- Steven M. Ebling, St. Joseph, All Sport, 1 Year;
- Clint E. Hipkins, Shelbina, Fishing, 1 Year;
- Gary N. Hipkins, Shelbina, Fishing, 1 Year;
- Charles D. Hoffman, Trenton, Hunting, 3 Years;
- Rickey B. Holt, Bunker, Hunting, 1 Year;
- Michael A. Leeper, Plattsburg, All Sport, 1 Year;
- Justin W. Miller, Osage Beach, All Sport, 1 Year;
- Richard L. Parsons, Monett, Hunting, 1 Year;
- Aaron Rummerfield, Kirksville, All Sport, 1 Year; and
- Cotton R. Wheeler, Weaubleau, Hunting, 1 Year.
- Approved the suspension or revocation of all hunting and fishing privileges of 454 individuals who are not in compliance with applicable child support laws.
- Approved the suspension or revocation of one or more hunting, fishing, and trapping privileges of 291 individuals in accordance with the terms of the Interstate Wildlife Violator Compact.
- Set the next regular meeting for - , in Jefferson City.
This document is provided for public information only and is not an official record of the Missouri Department of Conservation or Missouri Conservation Commission.