- Marilynn J. Bradford, Chair
- David W. Murphy, Vice Chair
- James T. Blair, IV, Secretary
- Don C. Bedell, Member
The Commission received the following presentations/reports:
- Agricultural Crop Program -- Nathan Bess, Financial Services Analyst; and Dave Darrow, Wildlife Management Biologist
- Missouri Deer Survey Program -- Mike Hubbard, Resource Science Division Chief
- Report of the Regulations Committee -- Tom Draper, Deputy Director and Chairman, Regulations Committee
- Recommendations for 2016-2017 Fall Deer/Turkey Season Structure, Methods, and Limits -- Jason Sumners, Resource Scientist
- 2016 Missouri Wild Turkey Hunting Regulation Recommendations -- Jason Isabelle, Resource Scientist
- Upcoming waterfowl/hunter public engagement meetings – Mike Hubbard, Resource Science Division Chief
- Major Construction Projects Status Report -- Jacob Careaga, Design and Development Division Chief
- 2016 Permit System Vendor Changes -- Greg Jones, Permit Services Supervisor
- Information Technology Projects Status Report -- Douglas Fees, Information Technology Services Chief
Received public comments regarding proposed deer regulations from Cole Cruickshank of Cameron and Blake Hurst of Westboro.
Recognized Conservation Agents Brian Ham, Doug Yeager, Adam Bracken, and Matthew Bryant (2015 MDC Pistol Team) for awards received at the National Police Shooting Championships.
Recognized two conservation-agent work teams as recipients of the 2015 MDC Workforce Diversity Award. Team members are: Conservation Agents Chris Campbell, Tammy Pierson, Marsha Jones, Chris Decoske, Brian Bartlett, Adam Doerhoff, Becky Robertson, Kearby Bridges, Christa Cox, Alan Lamb, and Jerry Elliott; and Conservation Agents Lexis Riter, and Kevin Powell.
Recognized the 2015 Missouri 4-H Shooting Sports State Team for Top Overall Honors at the 4-H Shooting Sports National Championships. Representatives of the 36-member team in attendance were: Dalton Fisher, Nichole Gann, Seiler Johnson, Stewart McCollum, Cole Sandbothe, Leanna Schwartze, Jake Tanner, Levi Walker, and Hunter Weller.
Recognized Stewart McCollum as the Top Overall Individual in the Senior Division at the 2015 NRA International Youth Hunter Education Challenge.
Approved recommendations for 2016-2017 fall deer/turkey season structure, methods, and limits:
- Archery Deer and Turkey: , and Nov. 23, 2016, through
- Firearms Turkey:
- Firearms Deer Early Youth Portion:
- Firearms Deer November Portion:
- Firearms Deer Antlerless Portion:
- Firearms Deer Alternative Methods Portion: Dec. 24, 2016, through
- Firearms Deer Late Youth Portion: through 27, 2016
- Maintain the current 11-day November portion of the firearm deer season instead of the proposed 9-day season.
- Expand the late youth portion to 3 days beginning the first Friday after Thanksgiving.
- Reduce the length of the antlerless portion from 12 to 3 days and begin on the first Friday in December.
- Eliminate the urban zones portion.
- Include crossbows as a legal method during the archery deer and turkey seasons.
- Allow the use of crossbows during the fall firearms turkey season.
- Reduce the bag limit for antlered deer from 3 to 2 during the combined archery and firearms deer hunting seasons, with no more than 1 antlered deer taken during the firearms deer hunting season and only 1 antlered deer taken prior to the November portion of the firearms deer hunting season.
- Remove the hunting method exemption requirement related to crossbows.
Approved recommendations for changes to the Wildlife Code of Missouri to limit the spread of Chronic Wasting Disease.
Approved 2016 Missouri wild turkey hunting season regulation recommendations.
- Established the 2016 spring turkey season from through May 8 with a limit of 2 bearded turkeys during the season; provided only 1 turkey may be taken during the first 7 days of the season.
- Established 2016 youth spring season .
- Established the 2016 fall turkey hunting season from Oct. 1 through with a limit of 2 turkeys of either sex during the season.
Approved regulation changes identified during the mid-year review of the Wildlife Code of Missouri.
Approved entering into a contract for acquiring LiDAR and aerial photogrammetry of 34 conservation areas.
Approved an amendment to the negotiated agreement for design of the new Grand River Pump Station at Fountain Grove Conservation Area in Livingston County.
Approved an increase to the permit vendor commission rate effective upon implementation of the new electronic permit system.
Approved the exchange of approximately 16 acres of Angeline Conservation Area in Shannon County for approximately 9 acres in Shannon County as an addition to Angeline Conservation Area.
Approved the purchase of approximately 14.69 acres in Jefferson County as an addition to Myron and Sonya Glassberg Family Conservation Area.
Approved the 2014-2015 annual report for the Department of Conservation.
Denied the request for reinstatement of hunting privileges from one individual.
Approved the suspension or revocation of one or more hunting, fishing, or trapping privileges of two individuals for cause:
- Lucas C. Hughes, Louisberg, Hunting, Additional 2 Years; and
- Tyler M. Summers, Warsaw, Fishing, 1 year.
Suspended or revoked all hunting and fishing privileges of 400 individuals who are not in compliance with applicable child support laws.
Suspended or revoked one or more hunting, fishing, and trapping privileges of 374 individuals in accordance with the terms of the Interstate Wildlife Violator Compact.
Suspended or revoked hunting privileges of six individuals who inflicted injury to another person while hunting.
Set the next regular meeting for- .
This document is provided for public information only and is not an official record of the Missouri Department of Conservation or Missouri Conservation Commission.