Saturday, July 4, 2009

Upcoming Float Trip and Another Contraption


Here in a few days, we are headed on a float trip to one of Missouri's less traveled streams...so I am not talking about the Meramec or Current Rivers. There will be a party of five in a 12 foot jon boat and a 14' canoe. We are also bringing an inflatable kayak. That's about all the details I will give right now about the actual trip logistics, but I'll report all the happenings after we return.

What I will say is that I built a pretty cool rack to carry our canoe and jon boat down to the river. Since I cannot weld and am way too cheap to buy a ready made rack, it is built from wood. I will include some pics after our trip is over. I constantly am given grief by my wife and kids about the hoosier contraptions I build for these types of trips.

Several years ago, we took a trip to Montana, Wyoming, and a few other places out West. I built the most outrageous contraption to stow out gear in my crew cab Chevy S-10. My kids would not be seen in it in our home town, but admitted after the trip it was pretty cool.
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment

MDC to hold Discover Nature - Fishing event on June 8

Families will get a chance to learn about the fun of fishing at a Missouri Department of Conservation (MDC) Discover Nature Fishing program ...