Executive Session (Vote to go into closed session – reconvene open meeting at 8:30 a.m. on Friday, October 15):
(1) Call to order and approval of minutes of previous Executive Session.(610.021 RSMo.)
(2) Consideration of negotiated contracts. (Documents related to a negotiated contract, 610.021(12) RSMo.)
(3) Update on potential real estate transactions/negotiations. (Leasing, purchase or sale of real estate, 610.021(2) RSMo.)
(4) Consideration of supporting documentation for recommendation to suspend or revoke all hunting and fishing privileges of individuals who are juveniles or who are not in compliance with applicable child support laws. Action to be taken in open meeting. (Disclosure protected by law, 610.021(14), 454.440.9, 211.321, RSMo.)
(5) Consideration of confidential or privileged communications between the Commission and its Internal Auditor regarding work product.(Communications between public governmental body and its auditor, 610.021(17) RSMo.)
(6) Consideration of recommendation relating to the hiring/firing/disciplining/
promoting of personnel. (Hiring, firing, disciplining or promoting, 610.021(3) RSMo.)
(7) Consideration of legal actions and attorney-client privileged communications involving the Conservation Commission. (Legal actions, causes of action or litigation, 610.021(1) RSMo.)
Friday, October 15, 8:30 a.m. – Regular Open Meeting:
Approval of minutes of previous meeting.
8:35 a.m. Partnerships in Action: A Decade of State Wildlife Grants and Conserving All Wildlife in Missouri – Wildlife Diversity Chief Gene Gardner.
Consideration of the Report of the Regulations Committee (no action items).
9:00 a.m. Plan for Elk Restoration – Resource Scientist Lonnie Hansen.
9:15 a.m. Comments on potential elk restoration by individuals who submitted written requests prior to the meeting (not to exceed five minutes each).
Recommendation on elk restoration.
Consideration of 1) Major Construction/Development Projects Status Report; and 2)bids received for the construction of the Blind Pony Lake Conservation Area Equipment Storage & Work Area Project located in Saline County, and authorization to enter into a contract with the low bidder.
Consideration of August and September Monthly Financial Summaries.
Recommendation for approval of personnel reclassifications; consideration of Quarterly Report of Personnel Changes approved by Director; and Conservation Employees’ Benefit Plan Trust Fund recommendation.
Recommendations for approval to purchase 1) approximately 160 acres in Mercer County as an addition to Chloe Lowry Marsh Natural Area in Mercer County; and 2) approximately 161.51 acres in Pettis County as an addition to W. R. Kearn Memorial Conservation Area in Pettis County.
Recommendations for approval to suspend or revoke 1) one or more hunting, fishing and trapping privileges of individuals for cause; all hunting and fishing privileges of individuals who are not in compliance with applicable child support laws; one or more hunting, fishing and trapping privileges of individuals in accordance with the terms of the Interstate Wildlife Violator Compact; and hunting privileges of one individual who inflicted injury to another person while hunting.
Announcement of actions taken in executive session, if any.
Other matters of interest.
Confirmation that the next regular meeting will be held on December 16-17, 2010, at Jefferson City.