Thursday, December 15, 2011 – 8:00 a.m. – Regular Open Meeting
(Background documents related to each agenda item are available for public viewing at Conservation Department Headquarters, Jefferson City, for eight calendar days prior to the meeting. Any person who would like to comment to the Commission about a specific agenda item must make a written request to the Director at least four calendar days prior to the meeting. Speakers will be limited to five minutes each and number of speakers may be limited. Recording the open meeting is permissible, pursuant to any guidelines established by the Commission to minimize disruption to the meeting. Individuals wishing to record the open meeting by audiotape, videotape or other electronic means should notify the Director at least four calendar days prior to the meeting so accommodations for such recording can be made.)
Wednesday, December 14, 2:00 p.m.
Executive Session(Vote to go into closed session – reconvene open meeting at 8:00 a.m. on Thursday, December 15:
(1) Call to order and approval of minutes of previous Executive Session(s). (610.021 RSMo.)
(2) Consideration of supporting documentation for recommendation to suspend or revoke all hunting and fishing privileges of individuals who are juveniles or who are not in compliance with applicable child support laws. Action to be taken in open meeting. (Disclosure protected by law, 610.021(14), 454.440.9, 211.321, RSMo.)
(3) Consideration of confidential or privileged communications between the Commission and its Internal Auditor regarding work product. (Communications between public governmental body and its auditor, 610.021(17) RSMo.)
(4) Consideration of recommendation relating to the hiring/firing/disciplining/promoting of personnel. (Hiring, firing, disciplining or promoting, 610.021(3) RSMo.)
(5) Consideration of negotiated contracts. (Documents related to a negotiated contract, 610.021(12) RSMo.)
(6) Update on potential real estate transactions/negotiations. (Leasing, purchase or sale of real estate, 610.021(2) RSMo.)
(7) Consideration of legal actions and attorney-client privileged communications involving the Conservation Commission. (Legal actions, causes of action or litigation, 610.021(1) RSMo.)
Thursday, December 14, 8:00 a.m. – Regular Open Meeting:
Approval of minutes of previous meeting.
8:05 a.m. Missourians’ Interests and Actions for Conservation.
8:20 a.m. Missouri Wetlands.
Report of the Regulations Committee, which includes recommendations for the 1) 2012 turkey hunting seasons and spring turkey hunting brochure, and 2) opening date for the 2012 Fall Firearms Deer Season.
·Turkey Season Review.
·Elk Restoration Update.
October and November Monthly Financial Summaries.
Status of Major CI-IT Projects Funded in FY12 Budget; consideration of bids received for the construction of the Blind Pony Lake Conservation Area Renovation of Hatchery Production Ponds Phase IV Project located in Saline County, and authorization to enter into a contract with the low bidder.
Recommendation for approval of personnel reclassifications.
Quarterly Update of Conservation Employees’ Benefits Plan Trust Fund; recommendations to appoint a new staff representative to the Board of Trustees for the Conservation Employees’ Benefits Plan Trust Fund and modifications to the Agreement and Declaration of Trust.
Recommendation for approval to fund a perpetual conservation easement on approximately 415 acres in Lawrence County, with the Department being reimbursed for all costs from a federal grant.
10:15 a.m. Land Conservation and Stewardship Program.
Recommendation for approval of the 2010-2011 Annual Report for the Department of Conservation, and authorization for publication and distribution.
Recommendations for approval of nomination(s) for Master Conservationist and for induction into the Missouri Conservation Hall of Fame.
Recommendations for approval to suspend or revoke 1) one or more hunting, fishing, or trapping privileges of individuals for cause; 2) all hunting and fishing privileges of individuals who are not in compliance with applicable child support laws; 3) one or more hunting, fishing and trapping privileges of individuals in accordance with the terms of the Interstate Wildlife Violator Compact; and 4) hunting privileges of one individual who inflicted injury to another person while hunting.
11:15 a.m. Dr. Harry and Mrs. Lina Berrier, Show-Me Barbecue, Columbia.
Recess for Lunch – Reconvene at 1:15 p.m.
Announcement of actions taken in executive session, if any.
Other matters of interest.
Confirmation that the next regular meeting will be held January 26-27, 2012.