Sunday, December 9, 2012
MEETING OF THE MISSOURI CONSERVATION COMMISSION
2901 West Truman Boulevard, Jefferson City, Missouri
Thursday, December 13, 2012 – 2:00 p.m. – Executive Session (Closed)
Friday, December 14, 2012 – 8:30 a.m. – Regular Open Meeting
(Background documents related to each agenda item are available for public viewing at Conservation Department Headquarters, Jefferson City, for eight calendar days prior to the meeting. Any person who would like to comment to the Commission about a specific agenda item must make a written request to the Director at least four calendar days prior to the meeting. Speakers will be limited to five minutes each and number of speakers may be limited. Recording the open meeting is permissible, pursuant to any guidelines established by the Commission to minimize disruption to the meeting. Individuals wishing to record the open meeting by audiotape, videotape or other electronic means should notify the Director at least four calendar days prior to the meeting so accommodations for such recording can be made.)
Thursday, December 13, 2:00 p.m.
Executive Session (Vote to go into closed session – reconvene open meeting at 8:30 a.m. on Friday, December 14):
(1) Call to order and approval of minutes of previous Executive Session(s). (610.021 RSMo.)
(2) Consideration of supporting documentation for recommendation to suspend or revoke all hunting and fishing privileges of individuals who are juveniles or who are not in compliance with applicable child support laws. Action to be taken in open meeting. (Disclosure protected by law, 610.021(14), 454.440.9, 211.321, RSMo.)
(3) Consideration of confidential or privileged communications between the Commission and its Internal Auditor regarding work product. (Communications between public governmental body and its auditor, 610.021(17) RSMo.)
(4) Consideration of negotiated contracts. (Documents related to a negotiated contract, 610.021(12) RSMo.)
(5) Update on potential real estate transactions/negotiations. (Leasing, purchase or sale of real estate, 610.021(2) RSMo.)
(6) Consideration of legal actions and attorney-client privileged communications involving the Conservation Commission. (Legal actions, causes of action or litigation, 610.021(1) RSMo.)
(7) Consideration of recommendation relating to the hiring/firing/disciplining/promoting of personnel. (Hiring, firing, disciplining or promoting, 610.021(3) RSMo.)
Friday, December 14, 8:30 a.m. – Regular Open Meeting:
Opening Comments – Director Robert Ziehmer.
Approval of minutes of previous meeting.
Report of the Regulations Committee, which includes recommendations for the 1) 2013 turkey hunting seasons and spring turkey hunting brochure (with presentation by Resource Scientist Jason Isabelle), and 2) 2013 firearms deer hunting season dates.
9:15 a.m. Fisheries Division Stretch Goals – Fisheries Division Chief Chris Vitello.
9:30 a.m. Comprehensive Conservation Strategy – Deputy Director Tom Draper and Wildlife Programs Supervisor Dennis Figg.
October and November Monthly Financial Summaries.
Major Construction Projects Completed and Status of Major CI-IT Projects Funded in FY13 Budget.
Consideration of bids received for the construction of the Hunnewell Lake Conservation Area Kettle Replacement Project located in Shelby County, and authorization to enter into a contract with the low bidder.
10:45 a.m. August A. Busch Memorial Conservation Area Shooting Range and Outdoor Education Center Renovation – Outreach and Education Division Chief Mike Huffman and Design and Development Division Chief Jacob Careaga.
11:00 a.m. Presentation of Awards:
· Clerical Employee of the Year Award – Tisha Holden.
· Workforce Diversity Award – Mary Scott.
Recommendations for approval to 1) accept the bequest of approximately 48 acres in Andrew County as an addition to the Nodaway Valley Conservation Area, 2) accept the bequest of approximately 241 acres in Bollinger County as an addition to the Amidon Memorial Conservation Area, 3) exchange 10 acres of the Castor River Conservation Area in Bollinger County for a 10-acre tract in Bollinger County as an addition to the Castor River Conservation Area, 4) purchase approximately 10 acres in Schuyler County as an addition to the Rebel’s Cove Conservation Area, 5) purchase approximately 36.48 acres in Dallas County as an addition to the Barclay Conservation Area, 6) purchase approximately 77.6 acres in Caldwell County as an addition to the Bonanza Conservation Area, 7) purchase approximately 157.53 acres in Bollinger County as an addition to the Castor River Conservation Area, and 8) purchase approximately 713 acres in Carter County as an addition to the Peck Ranch Conservation Area.
Recommendation for approval of personnel reclassifications.
Recommendation for approval to suspend or revoke 1) one or more hunting, fishing, or trapping privileges of individuals for cause, 2) all hunting and fishing privileges of individuals who are not in compliance with applicable child support laws, and 3) one or more hunting, fishing and trapping privileges of individuals in accordance with the terms of the Interstate Wildlife Violator Compact.
Recommendation for approval of nomination(s) for induction into the Missouri Conservation Hall of Fame.
Recommendation for approval of the 2011-2012 Annual Report for the Department of Conservation.
Announcement of actions taken in executive session, if any.
Other matters of interest.
Confirmation that the next regular meeting will be held February 7-8, 2013.