The Conservation Commission met March 11 at the Neosho National Fish Hatchery, 520 E. Park St., in Neosho.
Commissioners present were:
· Don C. Bedell, Sikeston, Chair
· James T. Blair, IV, St. Louis, Vice Chair
· Don R. Johnson, Festus, Member
· Received presentations from:
- Chief Financial Officer Margie Mueller regarding February monthly financial summary.
- Design and Development Division Chief Jacob Careaga regarding major construction projects completed and the status of major CT projects funded in the FY13 budget.
- Resource Scientist Jeff Beringer regarding black bear management plan and research project.
- Resource Science Division Chief Mike Kruse regarding deer management review and planning update.
- Fisheries Division Chief Chris Vitello and Policy Coordinator Stuart Miller regarding flow regimes for Missouri stream systems.
· Approved recommendation to purchase approximately 77.5 acres in Shannon County as an addition to Rocky Creek Conservation Area.
· Approved authorization to advertise and sell an estimated 897,441 board feet of timber from 621 acres of Compartment 22 on Sunklands Conservation Area in Shannon County.
· Approved the report of the Regulations Committee, including the recommendation for changes to the Wildlife Code including but not limited to daily, possession, and length limits for blue catfish on Lake of the Ozarks and Truman Lake, and amendments regarding commercial harvest of shovelnose sturgeon to align Missouri’s regulations with U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service’s similarity of appearance ruling.
· Suspended hunting, fishing, and/or trapping privileges of 21 Missouri residents and two (2) out-of-state residents for Wildlife Code violations, and affirmed actions taken by Missouri courts suspending privileges of one (1) Missouri resident. Those whose privileges were suspended are:
- Joseph B. Barton, Clarence, Hunting, 1/10/2016
o Glenn B. Beck, Seligman, Hunting and Fishing, 1 year
o Joshua S. Bisher, Florissant, Hunting, 1 year
o James L. Groves, Greenville, Hunting, 2 years
o Donald L. Hammons, Pleasant Hill, Hunting, 1 year
o David B. Hand, Eldon, Hunting, Add 6 months
o Joseph W. Hensley, Lebanon, Hunting, 1 year
o Thomas J. Korn, Bismark, Hunting and Fishing, 1 year
o Rathe P. Mann, Halfway, Hunting, 4 years
- Daniel R. Morgan, Kahoka, Hunting and Fishing, 1 year
- Taylor J. Morris, Eldon, Hunting, 6 months
- Darren E. Murphy, Billings, All Sport, 2 years
- Travis W. Reynolds, Doniphan, Hunting, 1 year
- James R. Ross, Warrensburg, Hunting, 1 year
- Michael J. Sims, West Plains, Hunting, 1 year
- Hall E. Solomon, Fort Pierce, FL, Hunting, 1 year
- Debonnie L. Spires, Moberly, Hunting, 1 year
- David A. Sudduth, Houston, 3 years and complete hunter education
- Michael R. Steele, Fairview, Hunting, 1 year
- Jason B. Thornton, Duenweg, Hunting, 2 years
- Daniel Tran, Jefferson City, Fishing, 1 year
- Michael H. Ulberg, St. Charles, Hunting, 2 years
- William R. Westbrook, Prairieville, LA, Hunting, 2 years
- Edward A. Yoder, St. Louis, Hunting, 1 year
· Approved the suspension or revocation of all hunting and fishing privileges of 220 people who are not in compliance with applicable child-support laws. Privileges suspended for noncompliance are reinstated once the Division of Child Support Enforcement notifies MDC that suspendees have come into compliance with the required laws.
· Suspended privileges of 141 people under the provisions of the Interstate Wildlife Violator Compact.
· Approved next regular meeting for April 25-26 at MDC Headquarters in Jefferson City.