|See blue catfish and other aquatic critters up close at the Conservation Building during the Missouri State Fair in Sedalia|
Visit Conservation Building 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. dailyat State Fair in Sedalia.
SEDALIA, Mo. -- Discover nature with the Missouri Department of Conservation (MDC) at the Missouri State Fair in Sedalia. Visit the Conservation Building from daily to see aquaria full of live fish and other aquatic wildlife along with displays of live native animals such as snakes and turtles. Ask conservation questions of MDC staff, get educational materials, and have fun.
Pop into the Department’s air-conditioned Conservation Kids’ Discovery Room betweento have hands-on fun exploring nature through crafts and other activities.
Enjoy conservation-related demonstrations at the Department’s outdoor pavilion, including:
- Raptors of Missouri on , , and
- Fish Cooking and Cleaning on at
- Be Bear Aware on Aug. 16 and Aug. 23 at
- Rainfall Simulator: Managing Soil on at
- Fly Tying on Aug. 19 at 11 a.m. and 1:30 p.m.
- Alien Invaders in Missouri! on with displays and activities from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Forest Products and a Circular Sawmill in Action on
For more information on other MDC events happening this summer near you, go online tomdc.mo.gov/events.