(Background documents related to each agenda item are available for public viewing at Conservation Department Headquarters, Jefferson City, for eight calendar days prior to the meeting. Any person who would like to comment to the Commission about a specific agenda item must make a written request to the Director at least four calendar days prior to the meeting. Speakers will be limited to five minutes each and number of speakers may be limited. Recording the open meeting is permissible, pursuant to any guidelines established by the Commission to minimize disruption to the meeting. Individuals wishing to record the open meeting by audiotape, videotape or other electronic means should notify the Director at least four calendar days prior to the meeting so accommodations for such recording can be made.)
Thursday, January 26, 3:00 p.m.
Executive Session(Vote to go into closed session – reconvene open meeting at 8:30 a.m. on Friday, January 27:
(1) Call to order and approval of minutes of previous Executive Session(s). (610.021 RSMo.)
(2) Consideration of supporting documentation for recommendation to suspend or revoke all hunting and fishing privileges of individuals who are juveniles or who are not in compliance with applicable child support laws. Action to be taken in open meeting. (Disclosure protected by law, 610.021(14), 454.440.9, 211.321, RSMo.)
(3) Consideration of confidential or privileged communications between the Commission and its Internal Auditor regarding work product. (Communications between public governmental body and its auditor, 610.021(17) RSMo.)
(4) Consideration of recommendation relating to the hiring/firing/disciplining/promoting of personnel. (Hiring, firing, disciplining or promoting, 610.021(3) RSMo.)
(5) Consideration of negotiated contracts. (Documents related to a negotiated contract, 610.021(12) RSMo.)
(6) Update on potential real estate transactions/negotiations.(Leasing, purchase or sale of real estate, 610.021(2) RSMo.)
(7) Consideration of legal actions and attorney-client privileged communications involving the Conservation Commission. (Legal actions, causes of action or litigation, 610.021(1) RSMo.)
Friday, January 27, 8:30 a.m. – Regular Open Meeting:
Approval of minutes of previous meeting.
Recommendation for approval to convey .014 acre of Burr Oak Woods Conservation Area in Jackson County to the City of Blue Springs for a road improvement project, and to grant the City of Blue Springs temporary construction easements on an additional .028 acre and .031 acre, respectively, until the project is complete.
Consideration of bids received for the construction of the Lost Valley Fish Hatchery Ambient Pond Renovation project located in Benton County, and authorization to enter into a contract with the low bidder.
Recommendation for approval of personnel reclassifications; Quarterly Report of Personnel Changes approved by Director.
9:00 a.m. Missouri Hunter Education Program Review – Outreach & Education Division Chief Mike Huffman.
December Monthly Financial Summary and Fiscal Year 2012 Mid-Year Review of Revenue and Expenditure Trends.
Status of Major CI-IT Projects Funded in FY12 Budget and Construction Budget Mid-Year Review Summary.
10:15 a.m. Habitat Management by Forestry Division – Forestry Division Chief Lisa Allen.
Recommendation for authorization to advertise and sell an estimated 1,321,010 board feet of timber located on 519 acres of Compartment 4, Coldwater Conservation Area in Wayne County.
Recommendations for approval to 1) suspend or revoke one or more hunting, fishing, or trapping privileges of individuals for cause; 2) reinstate one or more hunting, fishing, or trapping privileges of an individual previously suspended for cause; 3) suspend or revoke all hunting and fishing privileges of individuals who are not in compliance with applicable child support laws; 4) suspend or revoke one or more hunting, fishing and trapping privileges of individuals in accordance with the terms of the Interstate Wildlife Violator Compact; and 5) suspend or revoke hunting privileges of individuals who inflicted injury to another person while hunting.
Announcement of actions taken in executive session, if any.
Other matters of interest.
Confirmation that the next regular meeting will be held March 7-8, 2012.