|(Photo credit: Wikipedia)|
Beginning with the 2012 season, colorful Camp Smart decals will appear on campground electric pedestals providing tips to save energy when visitors are away from their campsite. Every visitor will be able to do their part to help minimize wasted energy at the campground. The "Camp Smart" decals will include the following tips for decreasing energy consumption:
- Turn the air conditioner thermostat to a higher temperature while enjoying the great outdoors.
- Keep windows and doors closed when running the air conditioner.
- Run the refrigerator at 38 degrees.
- Use the water heater only when necessary.
- Turn off the lights when campers are away from the site.
Energy use is a significant cost to operate Missouri state parks. By tackling this challenge to reduce one of our biggest expenses, we are leading the way to a brighter future for our beloved parks.
For more information please visit mostateparks.com. Missouri State Parks is a division of the Missouri Department of Natural Resources.