|Blue-winged Teal(Photo credit: Wikipedia)|
Sora and Virginia rails seasons, doves (Mourning, Eurasian collared, and white-winged), as well as Wilson's (common) snipe seasons will begin on September 1, 2012. The season for doves and rails will end on November 9th, whereas the season for snipe will run until December 16th. That amounts to a 70 day season for doves and rails and a 107 day season for snipe.
If you are interested in woodcock, that season will in 2012 run from October 15th through November 28th. This is a 45 day season.
For blue-winged teal, the seasons are based on the breeding population index in August. Below are the thresholds that will determine the seasons (if there is one):
- If the breeding population index is below 3.3 million, no season
- If the breeding population index is between 3.3 million and 4.7 million, the season will be September 8th through 16th
- If the breeding population index is over 4.7 million, the season will be September 8th through the 23rd.
Archery turkey seasons will be split between September 15th through November 9th and November 21st through January 15th of 2013. Archery deer seasons will run concurrently with the archery turkey seasons.
Firearm deer seasons, as is normally true, are split into segments. These are:
- Urban Zones from October 5th through 8th
- Early Youth Season on November 3rd and 4th
- November Rifle Season November 10th through 20th
- Antlerless Portion November 21st through December 2nd
- Alternative Methods December 15th through 25th
- Late Youth Season on December 29th and 30th.
We hope you are as excited as are we to get to start placing these seasons on your calendar for next Fall!