See wildlife, learn about conservation, have hands-on fun discovering nature.
SEDALIA, Mo. -- Discover nature with the Missouri Department of Conservation (MDC) at the Missouri State Fair in Sedalia. Visit MDC’s Conservation Building from daily to see aquaria full of live fish and other aquatic wildlife along with displays of other live native animals such as snakes, turtles, and amphibians. Ask conservation questions of MDC staff, get educational materials, and have fun.
Check out the Department’s air-conditioned Conservation Kids’ Discovery Room between p.m.to have hands-on fun discovering nature through crafts and other activities.and 6
Enjoy conservation-related demonstrations at the Department’s outdoor pavilion.
- See a live eagle and other birds of prey up close at the Raptors of Missouripresentation on at , , and
- Learn how to prepare a fresh catch at the Fish Cooking and Cleaning lesson on at
- Learn about black bears in Missouri and how to Be Bear Aware at
- Learn more about Chronic Wasting Disease, what MDC is doing to limit the spread of this deadly deer disease, and what hunters and others can do to at Missouri’s Deer Herd: CWD Updates on Aug. 15 at 11 a.m. and 1:30 p.m.
- Discover what makes bees, butterflies and other pollinators so important at The Buzz About Insect Pollinators on at
- Find out how to stop exotic invasive plants and animals threatening the state at Alien Invaders in Missouri! on with displays and activities from
- See a working model of a sawmill in operation at Forest Products: The Circular Sawmill on Aug. 19 at 11 a.m. and 1:30 p.m.
Learn more about MDC programs, events and other offerings at mdc.mo.gov.