Missouri Department of Conservation St. Louis Regional Office
2360 Highway D, St. Charles
8:30 a.m. – Regular Open Meeting
(Background documents related to each agenda item are available for public viewing at Conservation Department Headquarters, Jefferson City, for eight calendar days prior to the meeting. Any person who would like to comment to the Commission about a specific agenda item must make a written request to the Director at least four calendar days prior to the meeting. Speakers will be limited to five minutes each and number of speakers may be limited. Recording the open meeting is permissible, pursuant to any guidelines established by the Commission to minimize disruption to the meeting. Individuals wishing to record the open meeting by audiotape, videotape or other electronic means should notify the Director at least four calendar days prior to the meeting so accommodations for such recording can be made.)
Wednesday, March 7, 3:30 p.m.
Executive Session(Vote to go into closed session – reconvene open meeting at 8:30 a.m. on Thursday, March 8:
(1) Call to order and approval of minutes of previous Executive Session(s).(610.021 RSMo.)
(2) Consideration of supporting documentation for recommendation to suspend or revoke all hunting and fishing privileges of individuals who are juveniles or who are not in compliance with applicable child support laws. Action to be taken in open meeting. (Disclosure protected by law, 610.021(14), 454.440.9, 211.321, RSMo.)
(3) Consideration of confidential or privileged communications between the Commission and its Internal Auditor regarding work product. (Communications between public governmental body and its auditor, 610.021(17) RSMo.)
(4) Consideration of recommendation relating to the hiring/firing/disciplining/promoting of personnel. (Hiring, firing, disciplining or promoting, 610.021(3) RSMo.)
(5) Consideration of negotiated contracts. (Documents related to a negotiated contract, 610.021(12) RSMo.)
(6) Update on potential real estate transactions/negotiations. (Leasing, purchase or sale of real estate, 610.021(2) RSMo.)
(7) Consideration of legal actions and attorney-client privileged communications involving the Conservation Commission. (Legal actions, causes of action or litigation, 610.021(1) RSMo.)
Thursday, March 8, 8:30 a.m. – Regular Open Meeting:
Approval of minutes of previous meeting.
8:35 a.m. Wildlife Damage Management Program – Private Land Services Division Chief Mike Hubbard.
8:50 a.m. St. Louis Community Stewardship Grants – Urban Wildlife Biologist Erin Shank.
January and February Monthly Financial Summaries; Status of Major CI-IT Projects Funded in FY12 Budget.
9:30 a.m. 2011 State Hunter Education Instructor Awards:
- Hunter Education Volunteer Instructor – Floyd Bohler, St. Louis Region.
- Bowhunter Education Volunteer Instructor – Joe McFadden, St. Louis Region.
- Department Staff Instructor – Jean Mayer, Southwest Region.
- Conservation Agent Instructor – Mark Haviland, Central Region.
Report of the Regulations Committee, which includes recommendations for changes to the Wildlife Code.
10:30 a.m. Protection Division Community Outreach – Protection Division Chief Larry Yamnitz.
Recommendation for approval of personnel reclassifications; Quarterly Update of Conservation Employees’ Benefits Plan.
Recommendations for approval to 1) accept the donation of approximately 54 acres in St. Louis County as an addition to Rockwoods Range; 2) sell approximately 0.57 acre and grant a temporary construction easement on approximately 0.94 acre of the Saline Valley Conservation Area in Miller County to the State of Missouri, acting by and through the Missouri Highways and Transportation Commission, for a bridge replacement project; and 3) purchase approximately 202 acres in Sullivan County as a new conservation area.
Recommendations for approval to suspend or revoke 1) one or more hunting, fishing, or trapping privileges of individuals for cause; 2) all hunting and fishing privileges of individuals who are not in compliance with applicable child support laws; and 3) one or more hunting, fishing and trapping privileges of individuals in accordance with the terms of the Interstate Wildlife Violator Compact.
Announcement of actions taken in executive session, if any.
Other matters of interest.
Confirmation that the next regular meeting will be held April 12-13, 2012.